Every member of our school community (students, teachers, support staff) belong to one of three Houses, the only exception being our Headteacher, Heidi Swidenbank.
Students are asked to wear their House ties daily and with pride.
We have developed the House System because it:
- Develops a greater sense of belonging and identity;
- Provides opportunities for mixing students vertically and in mixed ability;
- Provides another range of opportunities for students to have a voice and demonstrate a responsibility and loyalty;
- Encourages competition in sport, creative and academic areas of school life;
- Will be part of our celebration of achievement.
Each of the Houses - Astor, Brunel and Spencer House, is led by a Head of House and a House Captain. House meetings take place regularly as do assemblies.